Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Our little angel




I never thought I could fall in love with someone so quick! Our little Sammy was born on September 23, 2008 at 5:22 p.m. He weighed 8 lbs 12 oz and was 19 inches long. Watching the birth of our son was the most amazing thing I have ever experienced in my life. And then watching Matt interact with his son for the first time was pretty emotional.
I am surprised how being a parent becomes so natural. Matt is an expert diaper changer and I am getting the hang of nursing. We have had quite a few laughs while changing Sam's diaper. Sam just loves to pee all over daddy and his new outfit. Today, while changing his poopy diaper, he peed twice all over his outfit. Then once daddy got everything cleaned up and a new diaper put on, we heard a "Squirt."
Sam is now a week old and he is the most perfect baby in the whole world! We just love when he opens his eyes and stares, and all the cute little noises he makes. My favorite part is when I burp him, he turns his head up and looks at me with an "O" mouth. He is such a good sleeper that dad can even vacuum, and he'll still stay asleep. He absolutely loves his Papason swing. It has been a life saver when he cannot go back to sleep at night. Sam is just like his dad in that he loves to eat, and he sleep with his hands by his head. We think Sam looks like a little of both of us. He has daddy's nose, cheeks, lips, chin, hands, and feet and he has mommy's eyes, ears, and hair. We will post a slide show with more pics soon.

3 comments:

The Genta Family said...

He's adorable! Congrats! I'm glad that he is here and healthy. Enjoy every minute with him. Before you know it he'll be going to kindergarten :(

The Brown's said...

He is beautiful!!

Dean and Rachel said...

YAY!!! I've been waiting for pictures. I love that you both love your baby so much. I can't wait to have one some day! He is sooo cute, and totally looks like both of you