Sunday, September 18, 2011

My Sammy

With a chill in the air.. Sam and I finally said goodbye to summer tonight.
This post is all about my Sammy. I expected so many changes from Jadey this year and I honestly had no idea how many changes my little buddy would go through. In the past 3 months he has built quite the vocabulary (with full on sentences), he has a creative imagination and hilarious comebacks, has learned to ride his bike, scooter and ride a four-wheeler, has made several friends, started preschool, and is seriously grown up to be a little boy.

Maybe I'm a little weird, but sometimes I'll walk by our house and envision we've upgraded to a new house and our house is just a memory. In that memory I feel incredibly sad because I think of all the amazing memories we built in this house and watching my little guy grow up here and play in the yard. I guess I'm feeling a little sad because time has flown by me so fast and I don't know how my Sammy went from being a baby to a toddler to a little boy.
Sam just celebrated his 3rd birthday and he wanted a lightning mcqueen birthday party. My sister did an amazing job and made him this cake! He was so protective over his cake and did NOT like my grandpa teasing him that it was grandpa's cake. :)

He found this buzz lightyear at the store 6 months ago and has been telling us he wanted it for his birthday.
This year Sam had a party with all his friends and cousins. They painted at Color Me Mine and then finished the cars party at our house. He had the best day!!
And of course, the 1st day of preschool
I told Sam to stop growing up and he yelled at me, "Nooooo Mom!" So acted like I was sad and he said, "Okay mom, I'll stop growing." I seriously love this little guy and I'm so glad I get to stay home with him and Jadeyn during these precious years! Happy Birthday little buddy! I'm so glad I get to be your mom!

4 comments:

McDermaid Fam said...

Love all the pics. The one of Jaeyn on the left of your blog is AMAZING! It is sad to see them grow up BUT there are so many more fun times and "firsts" to come. You are such a great mommy

Dean and Rachel said...

He really looks 5 in that first pic! Makes me laugh because H is the same way. Everyone thinks he's 3 and he just turned 2. What are his stats?
He is so cute Jen! Miss you guys. Can't believe your cutie is 3!!!

Dean and Rachel said...

P.S. Love the cake!

Jillian said...

Love it! Can't believe how big he's getting. I'm glad you're enjoying motherhood. :)