Wednesday, January 6, 2010

My beautiful Aunt Patty


The heavens are certainly rejoicing today as my sweet Aunt Patty returned home. After a long battle of breast cancer, my aunt passed away this morning in her sleep. Normally I don't like sharing my feelings for the whole world to read, but I feel inclined to write about my aunt. She is truly the most amazing person I have ever met. Throughout my life, she has always been there as a second mom, a shoulder to lean on, cry on and always gave unconditional love. Her example on this earth has impacted me in more ways than I can describe. From the time I was a child, she showed me how to have fun and enjoy the small things in life. And when I became a rebellious teenager, she sent me messages and notes as she felt prompted, to help me along the way. Anytime I was struggling, she was always there to help. She has always been close to our heavenly father and her faith undeniable. She was a wonderful wife and mother and I hope to one day follow in her footsteps. She is my hero and I miss her deeply.
While doing treatments at Huntsman, she found a quote to share, "To live in the hearts we leave behind is not to die." I know she will always be close to my heart. To my sweet angel and hero... 'til we meet again. I love you.

5 comments:

Wendy said...

Oh Jen. I am so sorry. I didn't know Patty very well but what I knew of her I adored. She always seemed so upbeat and fun.
Please tell your Mom how sorry I am. It would be so hard to lose a sister.
Love,
Wendy

Dean and Rachel said...

I am so sorry for your lose. It sounds like she was an amazing person! Take care...

The Monsen's said...

I am so sorry to hear about your Aunt. Know that I am thinking of you and your family, remember you will return to her someday!!
Love Ya!
Jana

Dan & Celeste said...

Jen, I remember your aunt Patty and I remember always thinking what a wonderful woman she was. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Annie said...

Jen, reading that brought tears to my eyes. I am so sad to hear about your aunt. You and your family our in our thoughts and prayers.