Friday, January 15, 2010

Why do things have to work out that way?

For one full year I've had Matt to myself.. he's been here for EVERYTHING. On January 5th, Matt started his classes, which is also the same day I said goodbye to my sweet Aunt Patty. I waited until 10PM until I could get a hug and have his shoulder to cry on. I kept him up way too late since he had a 12-hr shift to work the next day. Then at 2AM I noticed our heater wasn't working and the temp in our house dropped to 60°. I didn't dare wake him since I knew he needed his sleep. Luckily we worked out the heater problem the next day. Then yesterday I got the stomach flu. It was my worst nightmare.. taking care of a 1 year old while hugging the toilet for a 24-hours. Not to mention getting smacked in the head with a wood train set a couple times while resting on the couch. The point is.. I really wish Matt was here to get me sprite, entertain Sammy, and tell me I was going to be okay. But he had class and half way through, he called and told me that he had the flu too! Why does everything happen all at once? This January has really sucked and I miss my Matty!

By the way - thank you all for your kind words and sweet comments on my last post. They mean so much!

3 comments:

Dean and Rachel said...

It is so true....When it rains it pours, but I think we struggle so that we can REALLY appreciate what we have. You are really missing Matt and realizing what a blessing he is. Hang in there! Life can be so hard sometimes. Call me if you want to chat. I miss you too! We should meet sometime for lunch. Maybe we could meet in PC if it's not too far for you.

Wendy said...

Well....when things get really bad for me (which they sometimes do) I have to take a deep breath and remind myself. "things could be worse!" Like James is gone for two weeks at a time-not an easy thing with my crazy family running in different directions-but then I think about the men and women serving in the armed forces that don't see their families for months and years at a time and I decide that I don't have it so bad.
So despite your hubby being gone LOTS at least you cross in the night, see each other in passing and know he's alive! Right?
Just food for thought.
Hope you feel better soon!

Richards Fam said...

Oh..it will be tough to have Matt in school full time but so worth it. Hope you guys are feeling better. We are getting over caribbean colds here! Haven't seen Fun or Earl! Wish you could come see us to. Save, Save, Save and maybe u can next year. Bring a blow up bed and playpen and you can stay with us for free!