Monday, November 10, 2008

Hard time letting go...

So last night I had to go through all of Sam's "newborn" clothes and box them away. I am so sad that he is growing up so fast. He is no longer in that "newborn" stage and it made me cry. Everyone has told me to enjoy him at each stage because they grow up so fast, but I was not thinking it would be this fast. Not only is Sam 7 weeks old tomorrow, he is also 14 pounds now. Although, I am having a hard time with him leaving the newborn stage, I am so excited to watch him grow and learn new things. He is so much fun! He is responding so much to me and his dad. He now smiles, moves his head to watch us as we walk past him, and makes the cutest cooing noises.

Check out how much he has changed:

Newborn


Today
and yep, he is now smiling!!!

5 comments:

Jer + Lu said...

Jen- I didn't know you're a blogger! Good times :) Crazy how fast those little ones grow up! What a cutie!

MD said...

I can't wait to see him!!!

NatJerWin said...

So, okay....funny...I just was saying the same thing. I just want to cry because Maya is growing up so fast. I know EXACTLY how you feel!!!

Richards Fam said...

WHAT CUTE PICS OF SAMMY! HE IS GROWING OH SO FAST. PRETTY SOON HE'LL BE COOING!!

McDermaid Fam said...

Jen, I got your blog address from your facebook profile... You look gorgeous. I have obviously not seen you since highschool. Wow. That's funny that you met your husband at "The Bay". I used to love that place. Every Friday night :) Sam is adorable. He is a big baby! 14 pounds already! My little girl was only 18.2 at her 1 year appt. (she is a VERy petite though). Keep in touch with me :)